5 Reasons Why We Love Consignment
By Liana Prinzevalli
Sometimes, people have trouble seeing the benefits of consignment and second hand shopping. They’d rather buy their clothing brand new every single time. But, here’s why they’re missing out:
- It helps everyone out! The consigner gets to sell their clothing and the buyer gets to take home beautiful new pieces for a lower price.
- Unique, hard to find items are everywhere. You won’t find that fabulous vintage Chanel bag just walking around the mall, but you might in a consignment shop! It’s so much more special when you find something amazing and there aren’t a thousand more of the same thing for everyone else to buy.
- The price. High-end designer clothing and accessories are extremely expensive and don’t quite fit into everyone’s budget. Women should never have to sacrifice a fabulous sense of style because of money, and thanks to consignment, they don’t! Consignment is the perfect way to shop all of your favorite designers on a budget.
- It’s great for the environment. We try to save our planet in so many ways, why not throw fashion into the mix? With consignment, we’re saving so many of the resources used to make clothing by reusing it. Reselling is a much better option than throwing our clothes out and letting them go to waste.
- Everyone makes mistakes. On countless occasions, I’ve bought things without trying them on, or things that look cuter on the hanger than on my body. Lots of times, stores don’t take returns, or it’s too late to bring it back. Consignment helps you get some of your money back while finding your unused items a new home. It’s a win-win!
Now that you know some of the many benefits of consignment, we hope you’ll shop or consign with us soon!